COVID-19 Rules and Procedures
For the health and safety of our students and staff, WSD will be strictly adhering to the guidelines set by state and local public health authorities. If a student is unable or unwilling to follow WSD’s rules and procedures, they will not be able to participate. Our COVID-19 rules and procedures are designed both to protect the safety of our dancers, teachers and families, and to comply with local and state regulations so we can keep our doors open. Exceptions will not be allowed, so please review the following information carefully before committing to attend in studio classes at WSD.
- Check your student’s temperature before leaving home. A student registering a temperature over 100.4°F will need to attend class virtually.
- A student experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, aches, chills, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell) will need to attend class virtually. After 10 days of no symptoms, or a negative test result, the student may return to in studio class.
- A student who has tested positive for COVID-19, or who has had close contact with someone with COVID-19, must attend virtually. Please see below for full details of the protocol for a positive test for student or close contact of student.
- Contact information in the Parent Portal must be kept current for each student, including a regularly checked email address and valid phone number.
Arriving at the Studio
- The lobby will be closed to parents and guests. Exceptions will be made for parents of our VYD students who need additional help with transitions, but lobby occupancy will be kept to a minimum. Students will need to be dropped off at the studio front door when their class is signaled to enter. Please maintain social distancing when assisting your student at drop off or pick up.
- Masks must be worn by everyone over the age of 5 at all times. No one will be permitted to enter the lobby or studio without a mask. If you have forgotten or misplaced your mask, one will be provided for you.
- Once students have entered the lobby, they will store their coats, outside shoes and other personal items in the bins, sanitize their hands at the touchless hand sanitizer dispenser and proceed to socially distanced floor markers in the hallway to line up for class.
- Arrivals and departures are coordinated to minimize risk and maximize social distance. Being on time for class will be very important to support smooth transitions between classes.
In the Classroom
- In the studio, floor markings will be used keep social distance between participants. Instructors will provide guidance to keep students moving safely through the space.
- Students will need to bring their own water bottle as the water fountains will not be available.
Departing the studio
- Once dismissed from the classroom, students will gather their belonging and meet their parent at the front entrance. Parents will need to wait outside of the studio space for their student, and we ask that you maintain social distance near the doorway.
- To minimize the occupancy of the studio, we want to dismiss all students from their class before inviting the next group into the space, so please be prompt with pick up.
- Students with back to back classes will be permitted to stay in the building between classes, but will be asked to wait on their socially distanced floor marker in the hallway to facilitate cleaning.
Cleaning, Disinfection and Ventilation
To keep our studio environment safe, WSD has adopted new cleaning and disinfecting procedures in response to COVID-19. The full procedures are documented per public health guidelines, and we are happy to share those documents with parents and guests who would like more information. Our cleaning and disinfecting procedures include:
- Disinfecting high touch surfaces between each class (ballet barres, center floor squares, bathroom fixtures, doors, etc.)
- Cleaning and disinfecting props and equipment between use, or using disposable props.
- Cleaning and disinfecting shared spaces daily and regular deep cleaning of the whole studio space.
- Keeping doors open to allow for air flow. If weather does not allow for doors to stay open during class, the doors will still be opened during scheduled breaks to improve ventilation.
While our hope is that the community health situation will continue to improve, circumstances beyond our control may require temporary closure of the physical studio space. Instruction will continue at home virtually until in studio classes are deemed safe. Any studio closure will be announced on our outgoing voice message as well as posted on the front page of our website. Additionally, we will contact any affected families using the email address on file.
Positive Test for Student or Close Contact of Student
If a student tests positive for COVID-19, or if a student is in close contact* with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, they will need to attend class virtually and apply the following protocol:
- Contact Washington School of Dance at email@example.com or 425-481-7899
- Unvaccinated students with exposure to a close contact who has tested positive for COVID-19 must attend virtually for 14 days from the last contact. Fully vaccinated students with exposure to a close contact can attend in studio classes, but should be monitored carefully for any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Students with a positive COVID-19 test must attend virtually for 10 days from the date of the first positive test. Additionally, student must be fever free for at least 24 hours, and all other COVID-19 symptoms must have subsided before returning to the studio.
- If a student reports a positive test, all close contacts in affected classes will be notified of possible exposure to COVID-19. Additionally, WSD will contact the Snohomish County Health Department and follow all recommendations.
* “Close Contact” is defined as:
- having been within 6 feet of a person with COVID-19 for a combined total of 15 minutes or more within a 24 hour period
- living in the same household as someone with COVID-19
- caring for someone with COVID-19
- having been in direct contact with saliva or other body secretion from a person with COVID-19